Re: Woody installation problems

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 08:52:04AM +0100, Jan-Hendrik Palic wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 12:18:56PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> >>   TMPCOMPONENTS="$(sed -n 's/Components: *//p' $reldest)"
> >> However (*2) the Release file for woody contains:
> >>    Archive: testing
> >>    Component: main
> >>    Origin: Debian
> >>    Label: Debian
> >>    Architecture: i386
> >You're looking at dists/woody/main/binary-i386/Release; you should be looking
> >at dists/woody/Release (which is what debootstrap's looking at).
> Ok .. but does this make sence, to have dists/woody/Release Components
> but in dists/woody/binary-i386/Release Component?

*shrug* They're different files for different (albeit related) purposes.

> I saw several woody installations, which stops at the error: Malformed
> Release file.....
> I think, this is a big problem, it makes woody uninstallable for me ....
> Does anyone has a clue, where the problem might?

What's your mirror? Are you sure you're giving it the right path? (Is
there a mirror selector in b-f's these days, like there is in
base-config?) What does the Release file there look like?

Cheers,
aj

The daffodils are coming. Are you?
      linux.conf.au, February 2002, Brisbane, Australia
                                --- http://linux.conf.au/