Installation report (s390/hercules)

Using the 3.0.19 rootdisk from:

http://people.debian.org/~sgybas/deb390/boot-floppies/root.bin-3.0.19

plus the kernel from 3.0.18-2002-01-16, I was able to successfully complete
an install under Hercules onto a 3370 volume after booting from the card
reader.  For the most part, everything went without a hitch.

One thing: after base is installed and the system is halted and re-IPLed, I
saw no indication that I had to telnet in to complete configuration.  At the
end of the boot sequence, I saw the login prompt, and proceeded to log in to
check things out.  It wasn't until I telnetted in a few minutes later that
base-config, tasksel, etc. were run.  It might be a good idea to add a note
about this during the boot sequence, or if there is one, make it more
prominent (I didn't see it).

--
 - mdz