Building my own installer..

For reasons more than the shear joy of writing one :-) I'm working on
something that will be jumpstart-like for the environment I work in.
I've looked at FAI; however, I don't want to go with it at this time.
And it appears that while work is being made for debian to do a reasonable
unattended installer, it looks like that might be a ways off :-).

I've got the netbooting and partitioning down; grepping the CVS repository
for "dbootstrap" (which I found called from init, on root.bin for potato)
for clues, I kinda fell short.  Much of it I'm sure is unfamiliarity.

What I could use at this point is a pointer as to what gets dumped
on the disk after I partition the drive.

Adam Di Carlo >
|Specify whether you mean the files placed on the target system for
|'install kernel and drivers' step or the 'install base' step.

In this case, both.  I was rooting around the source, looking for
something that would go grabbing a packing list of sorts, but failed to
find anything like that.  FWIW, this is initially for potato;
I'm personally aiming to have it be flexible enough for whatever our needs
evolve to.

Can anyone who's frobbed the install stuff the hard way give me any
pointers?

 Jason Fesler  <jfesler@gigo.com>  http://gigo.com/resume.html
 "Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety