Re: whiptail/dialog/modconf in bterm break on latin1 chars

In message <[🔎] 20011209192600.GA1261@zombie.inka.de>, Eduard Bloch writes:
>If you ask me, there is an ugly bug somewhere in whiptail. If I do
>something like:

Yes, it was failing to call setlocale().  It also has some problems related
to calculating string lengths which are non-fatal but irritating.  And it
turns out that whiptail's own messages are not internationalised, so
things like the "Yes / No" buttons show up in English regardless of locale.

>So if you ask me: run modconf with LANG=C and don't change it unless
>libnewt/whiptail upstream has fixed all the bugs.

Right now, since stability is our main concern, I agree.  I'll file some
bugs against newt in hopes that we might be able to get modconf i18n'd in
a woody point release.

p.