Re: whiptail/dialog/modconf in bterm break on latin1 chars

In message <[🔎] 20011209115604.GA12531@zombie.inka.de>, Eduard Bloch writes:
>while looking for the reason for the current modconf breakage, I traced
>it back to bterm. If you use any of non-ASCII latin1 chars, like , it
>does not show rest of the line after this char. This happens with the
>reduced font file in BFs as well as with a big font file converted from
>/usr/src/unifont.bdf. What's up?

Which "current modconf breakage" is this?

You'll have to be more specific about what you are doing.  If you mean that
you are just sending Latin1 characters to bterm, this is not supposed to work -
it's a UTF-8 terminal.  If you mean that you are sending the UTF-8 equivalent
of a character from the latin1 set, and it's not showing up, then that certainly
is a bug but you need to give an example of the character in question and
what the environment is.

p.