Re: teamwork (was Re: #103302 ask permission blah blah)

On Sat, Nov 17, 2001 at 09:52:07PM -0600, Adam Heath wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Nov 2001, Glenn McGrath wrote:
> > To work efficiently as a team we have to be able to trust each other to
> > perform our own tasks.
> How can we trust someone who isn't one of us?

Or, to put it in a way that doesn't sound quite so xenophobic, why
should we trust someone who refuses to go through our fairly trivial
identification process (and thus avoids the accountability it attempts
to establish), and who refuses to go through the tasks and philosophy
checks to make sure he can actually function as a part of the project?

Ethan's quite a fan of bug terrorism (continually upgrading or reopening
bugs the maintainer disagrees with) and, apparently, NMU terrorism
(threatening to either NMU your package, or hacking into your package
from another package). Especially the latter isn't something that helps
Debian development.

But hey, politically inspired apoplectic fits is the reason everyone
joins Debian, isn't it?

Cheers,
aj

 "Security here. Yes, maam. Yes. Groucho glasses. Yes, we're on it.
   C'mon, guys. Somebody gave an aardvark a nose-cut: somebody who
    can't deal with deconstructionist humor. Code Blue."
		-- Mike Hoye,
		      see http://azure.humbug.org.au/~aj/armadillos.txt