Re: Installation success on Powerbook G4 (TiBook, the newest model)

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 02:03:13AM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Ethan Benson <erbenson@alaska.net> writes:
>
> > On Sat, Nov 10, 2001 at 01:57:59PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > >
> > > BTW, is anyone working on 2.4 PowerMac boot disks then?
> >
> > Colin Walters and i were going to look at it shortly, do you have any
> > suggestions on the best method to implement flavors for different
> > kernel versions?
>
> Yah, just have the top level call a new makefile target for the
> root/rescue/driver disks with the flavor name.  Try to see if you can
> use the existing suffix rules in make/* and can squeak thru without
> too many gross hacks.

i tried to get a handle on how the makefiles worked, all i ended up
with was a headache...

> It is rather uncharted territory since I don't know if anyone has
> combined subarches and flavors.  You might wanna just think of it as a
> new subarch (ppc2.4), I dunno.

yeah it doesn't appear so.

a new subarch is probably prone to some problems since they are
referenced all over the place, otoh it looks to me like the most
straightforward way to go.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/