Re: Installation success on Powerbook G4 (TiBook, the newest model)

Ethan Benson <erbenson@alaska.net> writes:

> On Sat, Nov 10, 2001 at 01:57:59PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> >
> > BTW, is anyone working on 2.4 PowerMac boot disks then?
>
> Colin Walters and i were going to look at it shortly, do you have any
> suggestions on the best method to implement flavors for different
> kernel versions?

Yah, just have the top level call a new makefile target for the
root/rescue/driver disks with the flavor name.  Try to see if you can
use the existing suffix rules in make/* and can squeak thru without
too many gross hacks.

It is rather uncharted territory since I don't know if anyone has
combined subarches and flavors.  You might wanna just think of it as a
new subarch (ppc2.4), I dunno.