Re: library reduction problems in recent rootdisk.sh

Ethan Benson <erbenson@alaska.net> writes:

> On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 02:09:52PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > Goswin Brederlow <goswin.brederlow@student.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:
> >
> > > Good that you start telling.
> >
> > What do you mean by that?  I reported this *months* ago, pleading that
> > someone fix it.
> >
> > > It still has the atexit problem? What libc version do you have?
> >
> > I was able to fix this problem on PowerPC I think by fixing the
> > hardcoded ld.so bit in the script.
>
> no that doesn't fix it.  i made the same changes and it fixed nothing.
>
> > I can investigate more if needed...

I've got the DEBUG_SPAM output now and from that it should work.

I deduces that it needs atexit from the libc and tells gcc to include
that in the stripped version. But then it won't appear in the stripped
version.

It looks eigther like a gcc bug or the atexit symbol is defined in a
strange way that prevents it from resolving in the stripped version of
the libc.

Can someone with this problem try to run the library reduction on

#include <stdlib.h>
void bla(void) {}
int main() {
  atexit(bla);
  return 0;
}

and the libc with nothing else cluttering the output.

Its the same behaviour the broken libc had on i386.

MfG
        Goswin