Re: library reduction problems in recent rootdisk.sh

Ethan Benson <erbenson@alaska.net> writes:

> On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 04:12:13PM +1300, Mark van Walraven wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Trying to build very-recent-CVS boot-floppies, I get:
> >
> > 	I: doing library reduction
> > 	I: library reduction pass 1
> > 	531 symbols, 531 unresolved
> > 	I: library reduction pass 2
> > 	607 symbols, 47 unresolved
> > 	I: library reduction pass 3
> > 	607 symbols, 1 unresolved
> > 	I: library reduction pass 4
> > 	607 symbols, 1 unresolved
> > 	I: library reduction pass 5
> > 	607 symbols, 1 unresolved
> >
> > ... etc., ad infinitum.
>
> EXACTLY what i have on powerpc
>
> > Setting debuglevel to DEBUG_SPAM yields:
> >
> > 	Still need: atexit
>
> ditto!
>
> > Builds ok with mklibs.sh (I haven't tried a test install yet).
>
> mklibs.py is broken, but nobody knows why.

Good that you start telling.

It still has the atexit problem? What libc version do you have?

I had the same problem with an libc update some time ago, but several
older binaries had the same problem with the unreduced
library. Switching back to the previous or next (fixed) libc also
fixed the problem in the mklibs.py.

I deduced that it was the buggy libc causing the problem so I let it
rest.

Can you mail me the complete output with DEBUG_SPAM for a few
iterations, say 5. Same for ppc please.

May the Source be with you.
                        Goswin

PS: Try do delete the downloaded libc and rebuild.