Re: library reduction problems in recent rootdisk.sh

On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 03:25:19PM +0100, Goswin Brederlow wrote:

> Good that you start telling.
>
> It still has the atexit problem? What libc version do you have?

2.2.3 and 2.2.4 both exhibit this problem.

> I had the same problem with an libc update some time ago, but several
> older binaries had the same problem with the unreduced
> library. Switching back to the previous or next (fixed) libc also
> fixed the problem in the mklibs.py.
>
> I deduced that it was the buggy libc causing the problem so I let it
> rest.

can't comment here, ive tried with several libc versions, ive never
had success with mklibs.py.

> Can you mail me the complete output with DEBUG_SPAM for a few
> iterations, say 5. Same for ppc please.

later, but yes.

> May the Source be with you.
>                         Goswin
>
> PS: Try do delete the downloaded libc and rebuild.

i assume you mean the libc packages in /archives/

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/