apt behaviour with satellite

Apt now behaves like wget when installing woody using the rieserfs 3.0.15
bootfloppies. This means that it no longer works with my one-way satellite
connection. Prior to the releease of 3.0.14 bootfloppies this was not a
problem and I would regularly get 40KB speeds. Now I get less than 2KB??!

Things improve to about 3.5KB when I use my modem without satellite.

This is the exact performance I get with wget. Has apt been changed since
mid-Aug?? If so I will report a critical bug.

John Davidson