Re: Capturing install screenshots

  I'm replying to myself because I deleted the head of the thread.

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 04:49:15PM -0700, Nicolas Lopez wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 06:03:12PM -0500, Robb Kidd wrote:
> > Carpenter, Dean wrote:
> > 	[ponder] Download the VMware 3.0 beta and install Debian in a virtual
> > machine?  In addition to the many X screen grabbers available, VMware
> > provides its own screen-capture function.
>   Or much better: Use plex86 or bochs.  That'll at least get you the x86 &
  Boredom has prevailed. I tried a test install with the reiser disks from
    http://people.debian.org/~aph/  v3.0.16-2001-10-24
in bochs, and screen-shot it into oblivion. The shots are tared up at:
  http://debian.glowingmonkey.org/screenshots.tar
 It's only a 650k tarball that contains 76 640x400 screens shots of as much
of the install as I got through in bochs. I snaped a lot of failed and
status messages, but was unable to install the base due to lack of planning.
I did get through the network configuration with the emulated ne2k.
dhcp/bootp only.
  Enjoy

  - Nick Lopez
    kimo_sabe@atdot.org
--
If ignorance is bliss, is omniscience hell?