Re: Capturing install screenshots

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 06:03:12PM -0500, Robb Kidd wrote:
> Carpenter, Dean wrote:
> 	[ponder] Download the VMware 3.0 beta and install Debian in a virtual
> machine?  In addition to the many X screen grabbers available, VMware
> provides its own screen-capture function.
  Or much better: Use plex86 or bochs.  That'll at least get you the x86 &
common screens. MOL might help with PPC/PMac specific parts.
  Or.. Is there any reason why dbootstrap can't be run on a running system?
Just chroot the install initrd image and run it directly.  I might have to
play with that tonight. I'll see if I can catch the ritual goat sacrifice
mentioned in my sig.

  - Nick Lopez
    kimo_sabe@atdot.org
--
 We still need to do something about quik, ritual goat sacrifice is
 somewhat tricky to implement in C...