dhcp problems

There may be bug other than 109455 lurking, the other day when
installing 3.0.15 my friend tried to obtain an IP using dhcp without
stoping to think that we dont have a dhcp server on our lan.

I corrrected him, he wanted to go back and put a static IP in, i cant
remember the exact details, but dhclient didnt die and it was cycling in
the background continuing to try and get an IP.

I meant to go back and verify the bug, but havent gotten around to it,
ill look into it tommorow.

Glenn