Re: mount_partition() and filesystem types

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 04:02:19AM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 06:59:40PM +1000, Glenn McGrath wrote:
> >
> > Problems should be reported upstream where apropriate, not to assign blame,
> > but so the upstream author knows about it and can fix it for all users of that
> > piece of software
>
> and let boot-floppies be broken for who knows how many monthes/years
> while upstream thinks about fixing it?

No reason not to both report the problem upstream *and* work-around it.

> mount -t auto is a huge random element which is just ASKING for bugs
> and random failures, critical failures, to appear in boot-floppies any
> at time.

I don't think anyone actually *is* advocating changing dbootstrap to
use mount -t auto.  There was a discussion (during which you provided
the answer to my question) which moved off b-f and onto fixing a nasty
defect in busybox.

So, thank you for answering my question.

Regards,

Mark.