Re: busybox still too bloated

On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 02:25:19AM -0600, Erik Andersen wrote:
> On Tue Sep 25, 2001 at 12:11:29AM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> >
> > busybox in potato was much smaller then busybox in woody, if you don't
> > wnat to remove all this bloat just make a bloody -bf package.
> >
> > NMU should be done ASAP.
>
> You don't need to NMU is, I'm perfectly able to do it.
> Could you answer me though?  How much space do you
> need?  How tight is powerpc?  Has any effort been
> made to slim down the other apps as well?

i would not have reopened the bug if i didn't need the space.

none of the crap i disabled is used or needed on boot-floppies.
period.

bloat is unacceptable and `but i386 is ok' is not an acceptable
excuse.

i asked for over 30k of savings and you gave me half for no good
reason.

stop wasting time or get an NMU.

--
Ethan Benson