Re: libc-2.2.4.so breaks library reduction with its atexit() bug

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

> On Sat, Aug 11, 2001 at 03:51:43AM +0200, Goswin Brederlow wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > better not use the new libc-2.2.4.so.
> >
> > Apart from sveral programs not running anymore the library reduction
> > seem to go into an endless loop due to it.
>
> What programs? I'm using 2.2.4 on sparc and the library reduction worked
> just fine, and no programs have failed.
>
> Ben

rar for example. Its the atexit problem you probably fixed in
libc-2.2.3-10.0.1, haven't tested that yet.

The loop also has problems with atexit. -uatexit is given as paramter
to the gcc reduction call but the resulting lib doesn't contain atexit.
That was the behaviour on ppc.

MfG
        Goswin