modutils/sysvinit problem [Was: Re: Alpha boot-foppies successes and failures cvs-2001-08-03]

Goswin Brederlow <goswin.brederlow@student.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

> Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> writes:
>
> > Goswin Brederlow <goswin.brederlow@student.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:
> >
> > > I build a set of bootfloppies yesterday from cvs (cvs-2001-08-03) on
> > > Alpha/sid.
> > >
> > > I run across the already mentioned problems so I won't elaborate on them:
> > >
> > > - sysvinit (workaround by Falk Hueffner)
> >
> > Porting the latest sysvinit package should solve this, no?
>
> On the TO-TEST list.

I grabed the latest sysvinit source 2.81-1 and added the deb to the
sources.list. No change.

modutils: Depends: sysvinit (>= 2.71-2) but it is not going to be installed

The problem is that modutils needs sysvinit and sysvinit needs
e2fsprogs but e2fsprogs-bf conflicts with e2fsprogs.

Why doesn't e2fsprogs-bf "Provides: e2fsprogs"?
Or sysvinit "Depends: e2fsprogs | e2fsprogs-bf"?

I build a local e2fsprogs-bf that provides e2fsprogs and that seems to work.

MfG
        Goswin