Re: libm on root-filesystem?

Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> writes:

> Goswin Brederlow <goswin.brederlow@student.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:
>
> > Hmm, Falk says the attachment is garbled, try this:
> >
> > ftp://rut.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/boot-floppies/
>
> Well, if you guys can fix it so that it actually works (not segfaults)
> I'd be glad to use it for Woody boot-floppies.  The python
> build-dependancy doesn't bug me much.
>
> However, I'm disappointed no one's tested the work I did.  Ugly or
> not, it should work and it should reduce libm more, but I'm still
> waiting for any sort of confirmation or testing results.

I'm trying it now; we also have a version of mklibs.py that doesn't
segfault at least for the initial part of the installation on
i386. I'm about to add it to CVS, so that more people can try it, by
changing the call from rootdisk.sh. If we decide to default on it, we
can then add the build dependency. OK?

        Falk