Re: basedebs.tgz

On Sun, Jul 15, 2001 at 04:38:04PM -0400, Russell Hires wrote:
> Okay, I got the stuff...but now what to do with it? From the archives of this
> list, I think that I have to go to a console, copy the basedebs.tgz over to
> /target (from the macos partition where it was originally), tar xvzf
> basedebs.tgz (all this after I'm in the installation program and the step is

no, don't do that.  use my current cvs snapshot which supports this
directly.

all you should have to do is leave the basedebs.tgz next to your
rescue.bin file.  then when the installer asks where the archive is
tell it the directory containing the basedebs.tgz tarball (sitting
next to rescue.bin).

> listed as "Install the Base System." But the installer still looks for
> /dists/woody/main/binary-m68k/Release on the local drive...Interestingly,

your using obsolete bootfloppies, use:

http://penguinppc.org/~eb/debian/powerpc/bf-cvs-snapshot-current/

> when I untar the basedebs, I get a few files in /target/var/apt/lists (which

don't do that.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/