Re: e2fsprogs and lib reduction

On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 03:19:18PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > $scripts/mklibs.sh $vflag -L $E/lib:$E/usr/lib:/lib:/usr/lib --dest-dir $R/lib $EXECUTABLES
>
> Would be possible to eliminate /lib:/usr/lib entirely?

i don't think so, running the build in debug mode shows that mklibs.sh
is still grabbing pic libraries from /usr/lib which is normal since we
don't extract things like libc6-pic.  in one of my tests without them
i ended up with a root disk lacking libc, but it may be worth testing again..

> Excellent detective work, please make it so.  Would be a plus if you
> can test it first.

done and done.

> I was also playing with e2fsprogs-bf.  How did you get past the
> problem where modutils depends on sysvinit and sysvinit depends on
> e2fsprogs (>= 1.15-1) ?

it never came up oddly enough... i was certain i was going to have to
add --force-yes to apt-get's command line args (which doesn't work
btw).  but it never gave me trouble when run inside of boot-floppies.
im not entirely sure why...

e2fsprogs is essential: yes anyway so dependencies asside you would
think apt would always throw a conniption.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/