Re: Woody ide-pci boot floppy

Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> wrote:

>On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 10:55:15PM +1200, Tom Parker wrote:

>> I am unsure which root disk I used, however I am sure it came from the
>> woody directory somewhere.

>Here is your problem.  You need to use the drivers.tgz from the same
>directory where you got your rescue.bin.  The drivers.tgz in the idepci
>directory has the correct modules in the correct place for the idepci kernel.
> It looks like you downloaded the drivers.tgz from the directory above.

I did not change the drivers.tgz path, I just accepted the one given to me by
the installation program. I guess I got the root disk from the wrong directory
which was set up to pull the generic drivers.tgz file?

A reorganisation of the ftp site, or very clear documentation that you must
get the kernel/root/drivers as a set, and can't mix and match would be useful.

Also, to get my machine to boot, I had to have /lib/modules/2.2.19 and a link
from that to /lib/modules/2.2.19-idepci Previously I reported that just having
/lib/modules/2.2.19 was sufficient, this is incorrect.

--
Tom Parker - tom@carrott.org
           - http://www.carrott.org