Re: Woody ide-pci boot floppy

> On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 10:55:15PM +1200, Tom Parker wrote:
>
>> I am unsure which root disk I used, however I am sure it came from the woody
>> directory somewhere.
>
> Here is your problem.  You need to use the drivers.tgz from the same directory
> where you got your rescue.bin.  The drivers.tgz in the idepci directory has
the
> correct modules in the correct place for the idepci kernel.  It looks like you
> downloaded the drivers.tgz from the directory above.

I did find that confusing in the i386 tree. There is one set of installer
modules like drivers.tgz and rescue.bin in the current directory, and then
more sets of code in the subdirectories idepci, compact, etc. I finally
deduced the ones in the top-level directory were 'vanilla', why don't they
belong in a vanilla directory? powerpc's directory organization is more
intuitive for me, it hides the other flavors I don't need.

|  .''`.  | Debian GNU/Linux: <http://www.debian.org>            |
| : :'  : | debian-imac:    <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net> |
| `. `'`  |      . oo       Chris Tillman                        |
|   `-    |     (   -)      tillman@azstarnet.com                |