Re: BUG on kernel al page_alloc 191 !

Hello,

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 01:20:57PM +0200, Xevi wrote:
> By first, excuse my I had a mistake telling this bug (kernel bug) in this
> list.
>
> I have a Linux Mandrake 7.2 and I upgrade with kernel 2.4.3, today I find a
> kernel bug in page_alloc.c 191.
>
> I copy the rest of information and I think there is people that they could be
> interesting in it.
>
> For this reason I send this information.

You are not on the right list. Please see with lists from Mandrake soft, and
look at the archives at kernel.org (for linux kernel).

FWIW, Mandrake uses GRUB as a bootloader and that bootloader automatically
gives the kernel a mem parameter, which confuses 2.4.x linux kernels. Try in
the GRUB menu.lst to add `--no-mem-option' to the kernel command.
--
Thierry LARONDE, Centre de Ressources Informatiques, Archamps - France
http://www.cri74.org