Re: design problem when installing base system

On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 09:32:57PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> David Whedon <dwhedon@gordian.com> writes:
> > Good point. I haven't look at how debootstrap handles this situation.  In any
> > case the problem should be fixed with debootstrap rather than having
> > boot-floppies hack around it, since debootstrap is a generally useful tool.
> Ah, I love that.  Fewer places can be our fault!

I'm not seeing how this can happen. It should only occur if something somewhere
does a `dpkg -iGROEB' in /var/cache/apt/archives, but debootstrap doesn't do
that, and I'd assume potato boot-floppies don't either (they just need to
unpack base.tgz and then use apt-get).

So I'm pretty sure it's not a debootstrap bug, anyway.

Cheers,
aj