Re: grmpf!

Andreas Schuldei <andreas@schuldei.org> writes:

> I am annoyed: Whatever I fix in bootfloppies if fixed allready
> when I want to check it in.
>
> I basicly spend a hole evening + half a night on 'getting to know
> the system' whithout any practical value.
>
> Efficiency could improve.
>
> What I do not find is the filelist or command that generates the
> 'required' list of files for download from the ftp/http servers
> during basesystem install.

It's spread all over the place.  For root disk, look in
scripts/rootdisk/EXTRACT_LIST_* .

Look for 'grab_paths' or 'download' invokations in top-level *.sh to
see what it's doing.  There is no central list nor will there ever be
one.  Period.

If you have a slow link, it can be rough.  Buy a CD and replace the
apt-get sources.list file with something pointing to the CD.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>