Re: slang, boot-floppies, and wide character support

Hi, Enrique! Thank you for your work :)

In <20010409114613.D1990@artica.id-agora.net>,
 on "Mon, 9 Apr 2001 11:46:13 +0100",
 with "Re: slang, boot-floppies, and wide character support",
  Enrique Zanardi <ezanard@debian.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 08, 2001 at 08:03:26AM +0900, Taketoshi Sano wrote:
> [...]
> > I'll work to provide slang-utf8 and newt-utf8, based on the code
> > in your package and the revised one by Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS for
> > slang-1.4.4
>
> Are you going to upload new packages for newt-utf8 (source),
> libnewt0-utf8, libnewt-dev-utf and so on? Or do you plan to merge the
> uft8 code on the newt sources, and just build a new libnewt0-utf8 besides
> the current libnewt0?

I had thought about the former, since it seems easier for me.

> I'm going to spend some time debugging newt this week, and I'm willing to
> merge any patch you send me to build libnewt0-utf8 from the current newt
> sources. I think a fork is not needed for this.

Oh, I'm glad to hear that.  Of course if you can provide the required
package to build the i18n boot-floppies, then any new forked package
isn't needed at all.

And sorry, I don't have any working patch yet.  I just plan to work on it.
When I sent my ITP to wnpp, I had not know that you already prepared to
create the utf8 version of newt pacakges.

Please go on, and we'll happily use your package with utf-8 support
to build i18n boot-floppies.

Thanks.
--
  Taketoshi Sano: <sano@debian.org>,<sano@debian.or.jp>,<kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>