Re: still not out of the woods with idepci / compact kernels

Taketoshi Sano <sano@debian.org> writes:

> BTW, I have heard that the boot option "video=vga16:off" works well.
> So I think we should note this option in the place of "video=vc:8"
> in $LANG/f5.txt above.

Go ahead, patch it.

> frame buffer support is essential for bogl-bterm for utf-8 and
> jfbterm for euc-jp.  So if there is no official kernel with frame
> buffer support, then i18n boot floppies will die before going real.

The compact and idepci kernels have framebuffer support.  Why would we
wanna turn that off ?

My big worries is that we don't have a libnewt or a libslang at all
right now.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>