Re: Testing woody boot/install process

I'm having a bit of trouble on the stage two install. I had no trouble
using my CD-ROM on the base installation, althought it is remotely
possible that the drive has failed since then (I sure hope not!).
The first indication that something was wrong can be seen on the attached
.png file "BadCD.png", which says that no CD was found in the drive,
although the original CD with the base tarball, and boot/root floppies,
was still in the drive (a SCSI toaster configured with VMware as device
/dev/scd0 used as an ATAPI interface for the virtual /dev/hdc).

When I choose the cdrom selection on the apt method screen, the results
are found on screen shot attached as CDError.png. It seems there is some
timeing problem with the drive, although I've gotten this kind of error on
bad CDs. This particular CD has installed on this and other machines in
the past, so I'm not ready to declare a new hardware problem on my
machine.

Any ideas what I can do about this, other than bying a real ATAPI drive?

So far the install is looking pretty good.

Thanks,

Dwarf