Re: French installation document corrections

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, David Whedon wrote:

> The new patch worked flawlessly.  I committed everything except fr.BUGS.  I
> wasn't sure what to do about fr.BUGS.

Let me cite it:

   - backslash apparaît dans le texte.
   - ':' est affiché, à cause de la typographique française, précédé d'un
     espace, ce qui lors d'affichage p.ex. de 'A:' rend 'A :'.
   - Pre-2-2-Linux-Kernel-Compatibility, à corriger.
   - ... ainsi que: ... est collé
  - bug exemple lilo.conf mise en page

Let me translate it:

     funny stuff at actual output (PDF, probably LaTeX/SGML interaction)

   - sometimes '\' is really seen as '\backslash' in the resulting PDF.

   - Because of French typography, when saying e.g. 'A:', it will be
     seen as 'A :' on the final output.

   - There is a &Pre-2-2-Linux-Kernel-Compatibility; entity which is
     not correctly translated.

   - sometimes the '...' ellipsis is near the next word.

   - lilo.conf example has typsetting wrong (line break at wrong place,
     funny characters).

I don't know enough of SGML to help, though.