Re: what is the whole purpose of kernel-image-di?

On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 06:34:59AM +0200, Eray Ozkural (exa) wrote:
> Ben Collins wrote:
> >
> > For sparc, there has to be atleast two different boot kernels. One for
> > sun4cdm (32bit CPU), and one for sun4u (64bit CPU). SPARC also supports
> > native netbooting (via RARP/TFTP). My main concern is whether or not it
>
> One of the things we should be working out. I sweated for quite a few hours
> to get my second i386 box netboot. It would be great if we could
> have the system use netboot on platforms where it's possible.

The installer does not need to directly support net booting, atleast not
on sparc. All it needs is for the rootfs image, and a kernel image. Then
it boots the same as if it were an initrd.

However, creating this needs to be done somehow, and done from a
scripted setup (IOW, in a reproducable way).