Re: Problem installing woody w/usb keyboard

#include <hallo.h>
wwfhyuuk wrote on Thu Dec 27, 2001 um 03:42:19PM:
> The system I am testing on has an Epox 8KTA3 motherboard
> with a PFU usb keyboard.  I just tried booting the rescue
> floppy from .../disks-i386/3.0.18-2001-12-21/images-1.44

udma100-ext3 flavor does support USB keyboards, unfortunately when the
driver has been loaded. This happens after this...

> keyboard: Timeout - AT Keyboard not present? errors.
> When the VFS: Insert root floppy disk to be loaded into
> RAM disk an press ENTER appears, <enter> is not accepted.

...stage has been passed. You can help modifying the kernel to load the
driver before, I did not have luck so far. See
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=122613&repeatmerged=yes

If you boot from CD, this message does never appear and you can continue
installing Woody.

> This has been a known problem for quite some time.  If I
> borrow an AT keyboard and just plug it in but continue all
> keystrokes on the usb keyboard, all is well.

You need only one keystroke ;)

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Definition of Windows 9x:
A 32 bit upgrade to a 16 bit extensions for an 8 bit operating system