Problem installing woody w/usb keyboard

Are there any plans on fixing the rescue disk so that
installing with a usb keyboard is possible?

The system I am testing on has an Epox 8KTA3 motherboard
with a PFU usb keyboard.  I just tried booting the rescue
floppy from .../disks-i386/3.0.18-2001-12-21/images-1.44
Hitting <enter> at the boot: prompt loads the kernel with
keyboard: Timeout - AT Keyboard not present? errors.
When the VFS: Insert root floppy disk to be loaded into
RAM disk an press ENTER appears, <enter> is not accepted.

This has been a known problem for quite some time.  If I
borrow an AT keyboard and just plug it in but continue all
keystrokes on the usb keyboard, all is well.

Progeny 1.0 installs with the usb keyboard only so it seems
the problem has already been addressed in a Debian-like
context.  It sure would be great if official woody CDs
could be used to install with only a usb keyboard connected.

Stephen