Re: i18n on alpha, plus ramdisk size issues

In message <[🔎] 20011227013651.GF224@Obsession>, Chris Tillman writes:
>> "ramdisk_size=8192"
>
>powerpc requires that argument; it's covered in the docs. I suspect
>you may end up needing to put it in too.

As a last resort, yeah, that's what we'll have to do.  But I'd really rather
not -- I suspect that an awful lot of people won't read the docs before trying
to install, particularly if they've done it before with a previous version.
It wouldn't be so bad if leaving the argument off gave you some reasonable
clues about what the problem was, but at the moment you just get a whole slew
of I/O errors from the kernel, followed by a variant of the flashing screen
effect.

p.