woody install hang on powerpc

sorry if this is a duplicate or well known issue i am not currently a suscriber to this list. the
powerpc power mac install guide provided the list for initial install issues.

i have the most recent debian woody release as directed by readme/howtos.

1) the woody installer comes up normally(compared to potato which works on my system).

2) when i select "configure keyboard" and select the keyboard type automatically i am thrown to
   another window to configure swap space. the swap space window is frozen. some control charcters
   bounce me around to diffent "selectables" but "enter" never works.

3) the only base line i have is that the "potato" install works fine. i have other problems with
   potato (shared libs at init time) which is why i am trying out woody.

rich_d