Re: Bug: chopped stings in dbootstrap

>I tried compiling Danish-only b-f for i386. It seems that the problem with
>chopped strings persist. (Strings are choped whenever a foreign letter is
>reached, so e.g. "Installr moduler til PCMCIA" becomes just "Install").
>I assume this is true for other languages too (as it was a month ago).

I tried this just now and it seems to be OK, at least running in a chroot.
(My ignorance of Danish is complete; I'm assuming that the text below
is actually the right language, and isn't truncated in some way that I
haven't spotted).

      +-----------+ Debian GNU/Linux hovedinstallationsmenu +-----------+
      | Du skal angive, hvilken type tastatur, du har, inden tasterne   |
      | virker som forventet. Vælg "Næste" fra menuen for at sætte dit  |
      | tastatur op.                                                    |
      | +----------------------------------------------------------+    |
      | | Installér fremmede moduler                               |    |
      | | Angiv værtsnavn                                          |    |
      | | Sæt netværk op                                           |    |
      | | Installér basissystem                                    |    |
      | | Redigér kerneopstarts-tilvalg                            |    |
      | | Gør systemet opstartbart                                 |    |
      | | Lav en opstartsdiskette                                  |    |
      | | Genstart systemet                                        |    |
      | | Vis partitionstabellen                                   |    |
      | | Start en skal                                            |    |
      | | Rapportér et problem                                     |    |
      | | Genstart installationssystem                             |    |

I suspect you might have some UTF-8 stuff getting into your build somehow.
The build-time checks are supposed to catch this, but maybe they aren't.
Do you have any of the UTF8 newt or slang packages installed?

p.

p.