Re: [d-i]: generate proper symlinks in tree

On Fri Dec 14, 2001 at 03:03:13PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> > Without this patch to debian-installer/build/Makefile, the images
> > booted won't be very useful:
> >
> > +	# Add missing symlinks for libraries
> > +	/sbin/ldconfig -n $(TREE)/lib $(TREE)/usr/lib
> > +
>
> How's that? The tree has always had symlinks in it, they are made by
> mklibs.sh iirc.

having the symlinks is a waste of inodes...  Just install the
libraries by their correct names and be done with it.  It isn't
as if we will be upgrading anything on the boot floppies, so we
should just install libc as lib/libc.so.6 and forget ldconfig and
symlinks entirely....

 -Erik