Re: debootstrap extract file incorrect

Chris Tillman <tillman@azstarnet.com> writes:

> It seems like debootstrap's not validating the extract files correctly
> for the build.
[...]
> I: Retrieving http://http.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/n/newt/libnewt-utf8-0_0.50.17-7.1_powerpc.deb
> E: Couldn't download libnewt-utf8-0

No, this just says it couldn't be downloaded.  Probalby you have an
inconsistent archive that you hit or something.  Why would it be using
such an old version of libnewt?

> This is in rootdisk.sh where David's patch switches the libnewt's. But
> the libnewt-utf version on the website for powerpc is
> ....17-7.3_powerpc.deb rather than 17-7.1 which was downloaded in the
> EXTRACT_LIST sometime earlier. I think those are debootstrap messages,
> the I: Validating ... ones, but I don't think they're working
> correctly, or else it would figure out the version number doesn't
> match and update the EXTRACT_LIST. Right?

You're getting youself confused.  Validating message come from
debootstrap.  Ensuring a given version has a different error message,
and it's done by us, not debootstrap, after the debootstrap stuff is
run.

As I said, you probably just suffer from a desync in the archive
you're using between the Packages file and what's actually there.