Re: fallback to single language when fbcon not available

In message <[🔎] 20011207142955.A18062@codepoet.org>, Erik Andersen writes:
>I believe the problem is that vga16fb reprograms the pallette on
>bootup to match the penguin, then later rotates it back to the
>stock pallette, leaving the penguin all wierd-ed out.  In 2.4.x
>the vga16fb never rotates the pallette, and all penguin pics for
>all arches and color depths have been standardized (and actually
>they all look good for a change).
>    http://home.tvd.be/cr26864/Linux/fbdev/logo.html

Oh yeah.  I wonder how hard it would be to patch the new ones back into
2.2.x - is it just a replacement linux_logo.h, or does it go deeper?
Seems like a bit of a shame that the final copies of the beer-swilling
penguin have been rooted out, but I guess that's progress.

I did have an ARM-branded penguin logo somewhere too, maybe I ought to
dig it out again.

p.