Re: fallback to single language when fbcon not available

On Fri Dec 07, 2001 at 09:04:37PM +0000, Philip Blundell wrote:
> In message <[🔎] 20011207120448.A17215@codepoet.org>, Erik Andersen writes:
> >Does vga16fb still show that wierd color-rotated penguin picture?
>
> Not at first, but after a while the colours do go wrong.  I guess something
> else is reprogramming the palette, though I don't know what.

I believe the problem is that vga16fb reprograms the pallette on
bootup to match the penguin, then later rotates it back to the
stock pallette, leaving the penguin all wierd-ed out.  In 2.4.x
the vga16fb never rotates the pallette, and all penguin pics for
all arches and color depths have been standardized (and actually
they all look good for a change).
    http://home.tvd.be/cr26864/Linux/fbdev/logo.html

 -Erik