Re: last change in Makefile in utilities/.../po

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 05:43:14PM +0300, Mikhail Sobolev wrote:
> Are you sure it's a good idea?  For example, the file C.po gives an error right
> away.

Are you speaking of:
C.po: msgfmt: C.po: warning: Charset "CHARSET" is not a portable encoding
name. Message conversion to user's charset might not work.
This message is appropriate. We should put ASCII or what ever as charset,
even in C.po.

Or are you speaking of:
trim-mo C.mo C.mo > C.trm
/bin/sh: trim-mo: command not found
(which, I suspect reveal some inconsistance of my CVS ;)

> If you remove fuzzy flag for the header in all files, those headers will
> result in volume increase..

That's not true. msgfmt knows about these headers and don't put them in the
compiled mo file.

msgfmt fr.po -o -|wc -c
with fuzzied header: 163740
without: 163740

I've had a look at the makefile, the po files don't seem to be proceceed by
any other tool than msgfmt. Correct me if I'm wrong...

Bye, Mt.

Un clavier azerty en vaut deux.