Re: zip dependency for riscpc install archive

#include <hallo.h>
Adam Di Carlo wrote on Wed Nov 28, 2001 um 08:09:35PM:
> > Why's it illegal to use programs from non-US for this kind of thing?
> > I don't really understand why zip is in non-US in the first place,
> > is that some kind of patent issue?
>
> See above.  Zip is in non-US/main because it's compiled with crypto options.

If that is the only problem, did nobody try convince the zip maintainer
to provide a non-non-US-compliant version? Just a spin-off, without
crypto and probably reduced in features, only to fit the needs of BF
builders?

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
"Politics is the entertainment department of industry" - Frank Zappa