Re: bug: cdimage.debian.org should warn against downloading with an ISDN connection

In message <[🔎] 87elmmy0de.fsf@bittersweet.intra.hegbloom.net>, Karl M. Hegbloom wr
ites:
> Perhaps if they do not, they should.  Someone should perform that
> labor and make it possible.  I wonder if it would require an entire
> new flavor of images, or if it's only a matter of inserting the
> correct modules?  I know zilch about ISDN.

Internal ISDN cards need a pile of modules, plus some supporting user-space
stuff.  I don't think there is any hope of adding this to the woody boot-floppies
at this stage in the game, but it should be possible to support it under
debian-installer if someone wants to do the work.

External TAs should be okay.  I don't know if we ship the modules you need to use
USB modems right now, but it should be easy to add them to the driver disks if
not.  Ethernet and serial versions ought to "just work" already.

p.