Re: Syslinux charset/font

Petter Reinholdtsen:

> I assume you want to use ISO-8859-1.  So do we in the Skolelinux
> project.  Please let me know if you find out how to do this.

The problem is that these texts are displayed by the bootloader, and I doubt
that it can be written to have enough intelligence to load another screen
font. So I think you might be stuck with codepage 437 :-/

That reminds me, I haven't tested what the Swedish texts look like (but they
should work when converted to 437, since Swedish is covered there).

If you can't get iso-8859-1 on there, perhaps as a last resort you should
consider using Swedish Ö/ö instead of the Norwegian/Danish Ø/ø? Or would
that make it very unreadable?

--
\\//
peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/

  Statement concerning unsolicited e-mail according to Swedish law:
  http://www.softwolves.pp.se/peter/reklampost.html