Re: Debian 2.2 installation problem : SCSI fdomain detection failed

eric@imatix.com writes:

> I'm installing Linux Debian 2.2 (i386 platform) and I have the following
> problem :
>
> SCSI fdomain detection failed (No Card).
> NCR53c406a: no available port found.
>
> I've read on the internet that someone proposed to determine during
> installation the boot parameters  something like this:
> LILO: linux cdu31a=0x340,13 eth0=11,0x260,0,0,eth0
> So I've tried this with NCR53c406a as parameter, but it didn't help.

Try the compact flavor if you have the NCR card and you want to use it.

You'd have to describe your hardware - this report is confusing, you
don't even really describe what the problem is.  I mean, getting that
message is perfectly normal if you don't have the card.