Re: USB-Support and keyboard driver should go into kernel image

Which mainboard are you using? In many cases, BIOS legacy emulation should work transparently to any OS by using SMI. If your system does not work like that, it might be a fairly new PC2002-based board. I hope you can help to improve USB keyboard support in Debian.

Eduard Bloch wrote:

now I got an USB keyboard and tried to use it. Bad news: even when the
BIOS keyboard emulation is enabled, and the keyboard works fine in DOS,
it cannot be used in Linux at all unless the device driver is loaded.
This is very nasty. You cannot use an USB keyboard on BFs, not in the
initrd shell. I suggest all kernel-image maintainers to enable

CONFIG_USB=y
CONFIG_USB_UHCI=y
CONFIG_USB_OHCI=y
CONFIG_USB_KBD=y