Re: 2.2.X kernels do not support pcimap -> hw autodetect only with 2.4 kernels

Mark van Walraven <markv@wave.co.nz> writes:

> On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 05:25:24PM -0700, David Kimdon wrote:
> > > Or is there any way to build boot-floppies using 2.4.X kernels?
> > In principle we should be able to do that.  I've considered
> > re-openning the 2.4/2.2 question myself, but I fear.  We need to get
> > woody out, no new features.

> ISTR the same discussion for Potato.  By the time it was finally
> released, the controversy had melted away. ;-)

I'm not moving to 2.4 for i386 boot-floppies, the kernels are too big,
and it's too late to do that anyhow.

> > FWIW, we've gotten unconfirmed reports that boot-floppies doesn't work
> > with 2.4 kernels.  I think it turned out something else was the
> > problem.
>
> 2.4.10-ac11 patched to ext3-2.4-0.9.12 works very well for me.

I'm suprised you were able to fit it?  did you use the 2.88k images?

It might be nice to at least document how this could be built, for
i386 documentation anyhow.