Re: new debootstrap NMU for testing

On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 12:52:18PM +0200, Jö Fahlke wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 02:27:33AM +0200, Jö Fahlke wrote:
> > >     if eval "$@"; then
> >       if "$@"; then
> Hehe, simplicity!
> I was wondering why the "eval" was there anyway. Be omitting it (or by
> extra-quoting the arguments) you lose the ability to pass multiple
> commands to repeat(), like this:
> repeat 5 "echo \"You have to press enter 5 times.\"; read"

You can't do that anyway, though (not in any sensible fashion, at least).

> If this was intended, indeed every call to repeat() must be fixed.

And, uh, no calls to repeat look like that anyway.

Cheers,
aj

 "Security here. Yes, maam. Yes. Groucho glasses. Yes, we're on it.
   C'mon, guys. Somebody gave an aardvark a nose-cut: somebody who
    can't deal with deconstructionist humor. Code Blue."
		-- Mike Hoye,
		      see http://azure.humbug.org.au/~aj/armadillos.txt