Re: new debootstrap NMU for testing

smallyes '' | repeat 5 in_target_msg "unpacking required packages.  This will be attempted 5 times." dpkg --force-depends --unpack $(debfor $required)

that msg with the spaces is protected by quotes so it appears as $1 to
repeat(), but it isn't protected when repeat() passes it to
in_target_msg().  I changed the string to

  "\"unpacking required packages.  This will be attempted 5 times.\""

and that worked.  Needed in the two places that use repeat 5 in_target_msg.

btw, I test debootstrap with the following, which tests the relevant code
paths:

debootstrap --boot-floppies --arch ia64 sid ./target file:/mirror/debian 3>&2

Richard.